This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as a Subject Matter Expert responsible for understanding the cybersecurity posture of Navy networks, systems, and applications to determine risk to mission in terms of confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- You will understand the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) procedures that are used to assess and authorize Navy networks, systems, and applications in accordance with DoD Instructions 8500.01 and 8510.01.
- You will perform analysis and review all supporting documentation (certification and accreditation packages) prior to making an authorization recommendation to the Navy Authorizing Official (NAO).
- You will ensure that complete Department of Defense RMF packages flow through the approval / decision process within established timeframes and keep the chain of command informed of status changes and potential issues.
- You will demonstrate a thorough understanding of Federal information systems security laws, national cybersecurity policies, DoD and DON policies and cybersecurity principles, concepts, methods, standards, and practices sufficient to assess.
- You will authorize existing and developing IT systems throughout the Navy, including Afloat and Ashore, Continental U.S. and Outside Continental U.S. in conjunction with the Marine Corps, Combatant Commanders, Services, Agency, and Field Activities.
- You will demonstrate mastery of and skill in applying methods for evaluating, implementing, and disseminating cybersecurity processes and procedures.
- You will review identified vulnerabilities, weakness, and potential shortfalls and ensure designs and proposed alternative patterns of actions eradicate the deficiencies are implemented in order to mitigate risks to Navy networks.
- You will be tasked to be a member of a team to research new/emerging technologies (e.g. IPv6, biometrics, cloud computing, Artificial Intelligence (AI)) to ensure all DoD and DON cybersecurity policy requirements are met.
- You will prepare summaries of ongoing projects as assigned and reports all relevant findings to NAO leadership as required.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578958500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.