The Safety and Occupational Health Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, administering and evaluating a comprehensive environmental and safety management program at the VA Loma Linda Healthcare System (VALLHS). He/she serves as the principle advisor to Executive and Senior Leadership regarding safety, Environment of Care, Emergency Management, Green Environmental Management and Industrial Hygiene services concerning all program areas within the Healthcare System.Learn more about this agency
***Employees must have supervisor approval for 120 day detail***
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develops, implements and executes overall goals and objectives for the facility's Safety Program to include Emergency Management, Joint Commission standards, Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene and Green Environmental Management.
- Developing policies to control or eliminate identified hazardous conditions and comply with specific federal, state, and local laws and regulations while minimizing adverse impact to patient care for VALLHS.
- Supervises the Safety Service staff to include the Emergency Manager, Industrial Hygienist, Research Industrial Hygienist, Green Environmental Management Coordinator, Safety Specialist.
- Coordinating emergency management plans with local health care facilities, the City of Loma Linda, San Bernardino County Public Health Department, Inland Counties Emergency Medical Agencies and the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- Coordinates emergency response and training with the Loma Linda City Fire Department, reviews operational plans and new and existing construction with the local Fire Marshall.
- Enforces accident and injury investigations, reporting and record keeping and the systematic compilation and analysis of accident and injury report data to determine the severity of hazards to personnel, Veterans and property.
- Monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reporting to a number of entities which include community, county, and state agencies.
- Prepares the annual budget projections for Safety Service and presents at the annual and mid-year budget hearings.
- Serves as the facility champion for the Joint Commission Chairs the facility's Environment of Care Council to ensure compliance with Joint Commission standards, state and federal regulatory authorities which have jurisdiction over the VA (e.g. EPA, AQMD, OSHA, California Water Board).
- Responsible for contributing to and integrating the work of Environment of Care Council, GEMS Committee, Accident Review Board, Construction and Safety Committee, Water Safety Committee, and Bio-Safety Committee with the goals of the environmental and safety management program.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. work schedule, but work schedule may be adjusted to meet the needs of the service.
Telework: Not Available.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Safety and Occupational Health Manager (Chief of Safety Service)/PD028640
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578925900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.