Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.Learn more about this agency
These announcements are for deployment tours varying length with 6 months, 9 months or 1 year being the most often used when under a Temporary Appointment.
*All deployment tours are limited to a maximum length of 2 years total*
- Train system users on new or changed operating systems, IT equipment, software and application of information assurance/security policies and guidelines.
- Maintain liaison with key functional specialists to explain considerations, applications and assistance in support of customer needs.
- Ensure customer system configurations and automation plans are fully compatible with other communications and networking initiatives within the supported activities.
- Control hardware and software configurations (including version levels) for supported systems.
- Ensure that proper installation procedures are followed including current operating systems Software upgrades and patches are applied.
- Identify areas of the network in conjunction with the building wiring architecture that will need expansion or modification.
- Troubleshoot all network related Information Technology problems and determines whether cable, equipment, or operations are the problem.
- Assist with the installation, set up, upgrade and configuring of various types of networking equipment and peripherals.
- Analyze standard techniques to determine ways to improve network link relocation/modification.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578911100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.