TOUGH WORK. VITAL MISSION. Challenge yourself! You have the power to help combat drug trafficking. Be a part of DEA! It's tough work, but a vital mission. Whatever your background or expertise, your work at DEA will be tremendously rewarding because it will have a daily impact on national security and the quality of life of all Americans.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Special Testing & Research Laboratory, Sterling, VA.
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Serves as the agency's expert in theory and practice of organic synthesis
- Develops, evaluates, implements, teaches, troubleshoots, and enhances new synthetic methods for the analyses of clandestinely produced drugs.
- Interprets applicability of research findings to interests and needs of DEA and collaborating government, industrial, and/or academic agencies.
- Performs experiments and characterizes products using instruments and techniques such as UV/visible/infrared spectroscopy, gas/liquid chromatography, nuclear magnetic resonance and mass spectrometry.
- Prepares reports, scientific manuscripts, presentations and lectures based on research results.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578900100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.