As a Budget Analyst, you will provide a variety of financial management services in response to the needs of the program offices.
Location of position: Office of the Chief Financial Office (OCFO), Office of Budget (BB)
OCFO’s Office of Budget (BB) is a strategic partner to GSA’s Service and Staff Offices, helping them fund priorities and manage resources throughout the year.
We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled as needed.Learn more about this agency
- Provides a variety of financial management services in response to the needs of respective program offices.
- Performs various functions that include reviewing and recommending action on proposed obligations, compiling and analyzing financial data.
- Formulates and reviews budget estimates, financial plans and justifications and makes recommendation concerning the financial requirements.
- Produces periodic and recurring reports and analysis.
- Uses quantitative methods such as trend analysis, cost benefit analysis, and return on investment analysis to analyze financial data.
- Provides interpretations of public laws, executive orders, OMB circulars and bulletins, and agency and Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) directives and guidance.
- Makes recommendations on policies and procedures for the purpose of ensuring effective funds and accountability for the use of funds.
- Provides advice to program offices’ liaisons on various aspects of assigned budget activities and assists program offices with budget preparation and justification materials.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required for meetings/training.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578894100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.