THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR (Title 32), Position Description Number D0610000and is part of the IL AASF 2, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
About the Position: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Applications will be pulled at the request of the hiring official and in the order received. The initial application cut off will be 19 November 2020.
As an AIRCRAFT FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR (Title 32), GS-2181-13, you will be responsible for providing instruction, evaluation and examination of rated pilots, instructor pilots and aeroscout observers in flying techniques and methods of instruction, examination and evaluation. Instruction involves basic and advanced techniques for flying aircraft using instruments.
Major Duties - This is NOT an all-inclusive list:
- Plans and implements flight training and instruction for rated pilots and instructor pilots in accordance with the Aircrew Training Manual (ATM).
- Conducts training flights involving operating an aircraft through reference to instruments and use of automatic direction finding equipment.
- Conducts refresher, mission and continuation combat training in advanced attack helicopters involving aggressor and defensive maneuvers and aerial gunnery practice with heavy ordinance.
- Trains and instructs pilots in the operation of heavy multi-engine transport helicopters to transport equipment and personnel in combat situations.
- Conducts training flights involving a substantial degree of hazard such as training helicopter pilots in advanced flight techniques required in combat situations, tactical flying at night in all weather conditions and with the use of night vision devices, flight maneuvers which take advantage of the terrain, low level flight, short field takeoffs and landings, flying in formation, evasive maneuvers and emergency procedures involving engine failures and malfunctions of hydraulic and electrical systems over hazardous terrain.
- Transports passengers including dignitaries to and from a variety of different points.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578826600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.