This is an opportunity with the Data Systems division of the Chandra X-ray Center, which is part of the High Energy Astrophysics Division of the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory in Cambridge MA. One of NASA’s Great Observatories, the Chandra X-ray telescope has been observing for over 20 years and continues to have a positive impact on the scientific understanding of the universe. We seek two Archive Developers for the archive group to contribute to the continued success of the mission.Learn more about this agency
Join the Chandra X-ray Center and become part of the team working to extend and maintain the Chandra Data archive functionality and to support its operations. The archive contains terabytes of data from the Chandra mission, ensures their integrity, security, and uninterrupted access, and provides interfaces for archiving and retrieval to Science Center Operations and Chandra Science users.
Specific Duties include:
- Communicating with scientists and operations teams for software requirements
- Developing and maintaining software through all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Documenting software for CXC operations staff and scientific users worldwide
- Release deployment, server and data migrations, and data archive monitoring
- Problem analysis and evaluation in support of archive operations and scientific user input
- Work as part of a team
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578814100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.