The incumbent serves as an Advanced Medical Support Assistant in the Imaging Service at the VA Medical Center in Baltimore MD.Learn more about this agency
Note: All applicants must submit VA Form 10-2850C - Application for Associated Health Occupations provided under the Required Documents section of this announcement in order to receive consideration.
Duties will vary depending upon the needs of the service. At the GS-06 level incumbents are expected to perform the following duties:
- Facilitate/process secure messaging with the patient and team.
- Notify patients of normal lab results.
- Develop and manage a tracking system for follow up care such as consults, tests, etc.
- Monitoring pre-appointment requirements to assure readiness for patient visit/procedure (e.g., X-ray, lab work).
- Participate in team huddles and team meetings to manage and plan patient care.
- Setting priorities and deadlines, adjusting the flow and sequencing of the work to meet team and patient needs.
- Work with the team to reinforce the plan of care and self-help solutions and entering appropriate information into the electronic record.
- Work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary coordinated care delivery model (i.e. patient aligned care team, or other specialty care setting where the patient aligned care team model is used such as oncology, HIV, SCI, Military Sexual Trauma, etc.).
- Coordinate with the patient care team to review the clinic utilization by using various reports (e.g., Clinic Utilization Statistical Summary).
- Ensure that the clinic setup is closely monitored to effectively support the needs of the clinic, and make any necessary adjustments and etc..
- Coordinate with their PACT during scrub activities, arranging clinic cancellation, blocking and rescheduling.
- Review open encounters daily and coordinate with PACT to ensure timely closure.
- Perform basic eligibility requirements as noted in the VA policy.
- Provide input to problem solving on PACT and provides follow-up actions, sharing information and collaboration with PACT and Medical center staff; order administrative supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Multiple schedules possible, average schedule is 0800-1630 Monday to Friday; Weekend and Holiday coverage maybe required as per Service and Agency needs to meet Veteran's Care.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578785900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.