Position is in the Bureau of International Security and Nonproliferation, Biological Policy Staff (ISN/BPS). BPS develops and promotes measures to prevent misuse of advances in the life sciences for weapons purposes and to address the threat of bioterrorism or covert use of biological weapons by state and nonstate actors. BPS oversees U.S. participation in the Biological Weapons Conversion, including developing strategy, promoting effective implementation, and coordinating annual reports.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a recognized expert within the Department on biological weapons/biosecurity policy and he/she monitors political, economic, social, military, technical, and other significant developments and trends.
- Manages areas pertinent to biosecurity and countering biological weapons, including laws, international political issues, and technical issues.
- Advises on issues and problems; develops and proposes resolutions of policy and procedural issues and coordinates implementation of policy decisions.
- Conducts research, analysis, and consultations with U.S. and foreign experts as needed to collect information on problems and possible solutions in policy and program implementation.
- Drafts, clears, and issues policy and procedural guidance for use by U.S. delegations in relevant international forums and bilateral meetings.
Occasional travel - Some domestic and international travel may be required, 10% or less.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578769500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.