This position is located at 500 D Street, SW, Washington DC, in the Bureau for Global Health, Office of Infectious Diseases Tuberculosis Division (GH/ID/TB). GH/ID/TB serves as the lead for global TB programming for the U.S. Government.
NOTE: The incumbent report to the Division Chief, GH/ID/TB.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Public Health Advisor, you will:
- Provide senior level tuberculosis diagnostic network expertise on all aspects of the WHO END TB Strategy interventions at large with an emphasis on TB and MDR-TB diagnostic network programming and policies, including new tools and technologies.
- Provide overall global technical leadership on international diagnostic network working groups to ensure alignment and strategic engagement between major stakeholders including Stop TB Partnership, Global Fund and WHO.
- Serve as a TB/NTD supervisory project manager on the TB/NTD team within the Infectious Diseases division. The incumbent is responsible for supervision, management and oversight of at least one or more large contracts and grants in the Infectious Diseases division.
- Provide technical support to missions and country teams, for engaging effectively with other USG partners, as well as engaging with other donors and partners, and representing USAID in a variety of external fora.
- Provide programmatic backstopping and management on high visibility projects, consulting with professionals in various sectors; advise senior Bureau management on key issues/constraints to program/project development.
- Manage and evaluate major centrally managed grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts in the area of public health; prepare concept papers and background analyses for new activities and drafts Project Identification documents, Project Papers, PIO/Ts, project evaluation summaries, and other project documentation.
Occasional travel - The position is subject to ocassional travel up to 30%.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578658700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.