THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates when applications are due for these locations can be found on the Forest Service website.Learn more about this agency
See ADDITIONAL INFORMATION section for details.
- Supervise a group of employees. Performs the administrative and human resource management functions. Establishe guidelines and performance expectation of employee.
- Resolve informal complaints and grievances. Ensures a continuing affirmative application of policies concerning equal opportunity.
- Responsible for directing a module of a 10 to 20 person Handcrew.
- Recognize, react to and communicate changes in predicted weather and fire behavior, topography and fuel types, and adapts planned strategies and tactics to identify and relocate firelines, escape routes and safety zones.
- Perform in other assignments on incidents involving wildland urban interface.
- Plan and implement work activities such as setting priorities, identifying objectives, coordinating resources, vehicles, supplies and equipment, developing job hazard analysis, and conducting job skill training.
- Assign resources, conduct safety meetings, monitor work quality and quantity, tracks budget expenditures, and reports work progress and project accomplishments. Develop, implement and executes prescribed burn plans.
- Perform wildfire suppression support as directed within training and physical capabilities. Perform other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel overnights on fire suppression or fire related assignments for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578637000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.