The primary purpose of this position is to provide food service to residents consistently without interruption, in accordance with the established criteria, policies, procedures. The Food Service Worker (FSW) will provide subsistence based upon the nutritional needs of the residents. The incumbent is expected to do tasks with many steps or a sequence of tasks which would be more difficult than those done at the WG-1 or WG-2 level.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesMajor duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing simple sandwiches and relishes for use in the sack lunch program.
- Selecting specific items for each resident sack meal that is in accordance with their established diet pattern.
- Recording temperatures on daily HACCP worksheet.
- Verifying the expiration date and quality of products.
- Preparing all items for sack lunches, while maintaining proper temperatures.
- Setting up assigned station on cafeteria serving line with correct supplies, breaking down and cleaning the station upon completion of meal time.
- Cleaning and sanitizing food preparation, area of operation, and other service areas.
- Delivering trays to resident's bedside and reporting resident's comments and complaints to supervisor.
- Providing training to lower graded employees in WG-3 duties and responsibilities.
Position Description Title/PD#: Food Service Worker/PD30318-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578635900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.