The Loma Linda VA Health Care System is hiring for a Human Resources Assistant (Employee Benefits) for the Loma Linda Strategic Business Unit.Learn more about this agency
You will serves as an HR Assistant (Benefits) for VISN 22 as the Strategic Business Unit Partner for Loma Linda VA HCS. The position entails determining the approach and methods needed to process personnel actions, and ensure related Worklife Benefits, Leave Administration and Reasonable Accommodation functions are completed in a timely fashion.
Duties include, but are not limited to
- Initiates all personnel action requests related to benefits, leave, and records (such as name changes, education changes, FEHB enrollment, FEGLI changes, Military Status, SCD changes, changes in veteran's preference, leave journalizing, and TSP changes)
- Determines employees' benefits eligibility (for example, life and health insurance, leave group, federal retirement vs. social security)
- Provides technical guidance, information, and assistance for the Benefits program
- Provides support to current staff and prospective staff responsible for starting, stopping or changing employee benefits upon request.
- Supports the work-life programs within HR including; Compressed Work Schedules, Telework program, Disabled Veteran Leave, Child Care Subsidy and Transit Benefits
- Attends health benefit carrier enrollment fairs to assist with open season.
- Provides administrative support by responding to questions, complaints, problems or situations, and providing explanations of HR policy in WLB.
- Assists HR Specialists on special projects by gathering and organizing data, identifying issues and discrepancies, formatting material, and recommending improvements and solutions
- The employee assembles Work Life Benefits files and obtains information from relevant sources necessary for the HR Specialist to determine appropriate guidance/advice to management.
- Maintains and presents up-to-date benefits information for including FEHB, FEGLI, TSP, and Leave Programs.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm
Telework: Available at supervisor's discretion
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Human Resources Assistant (Employee Benefits)/PD99936A and PD09936A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578631200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.