About the Position: This position serves as a Logistics Management Specialist in Army Futures Command (AFC) Support Center located in Austin Texas. AFC exists to modernize the way the Army does business by creating a space of endless possibilities to explore, develop, and test new methods, organizations, and technologies. Visit us on www.armyfuturescommand.com and join the team leading the Army into the future!Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a multifunctional Logistics Management Specialist for Headquarters (HQ) U.S. Army Futures Command (AFC) in support of the major subordinate commands.
- Areas of responsibility include Non-Tactical Vehicle (NTV) Fleet Management (GSA-Leased or Army-owned), Transportation Account Code Coordinator, DODAAC Coordinator, Government Purchase Card (GPC) Management and Quarterly Unit Status Report (USR).
- Management of records for all leased, loaned and borrowed equipment, and the management of records for all equipment transferred to and from property books within and outside assigned organizations
- Serves as command expert in assuring that all requisitions for the purchase of equipment, property, and supplies are properly reviewed for authorization and processed according to all applicable Army regulations.
- Conducts research into complex problems, assimilates data, reaches conclusions, and implements improvements to mission program.
- Establishes quality control procedures within the areas of property management, logistical, acquisition, equipment reutilizations and supply programs.
- Assists the Chief of Logistics, directing, controlling and monitoring personnel engaged in property management, logistical, acquisition, facility maintenance, equipment reutilization and supply programs.
- Responsible for developing supply policies and procedures that reflect Department of Defense, Army and contracting Command regulatory and policy requirements for equipment procurement, authorization, utilization, and disposal.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 25% for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578594500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.