This position is located in the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Center for Clinical Standards and Quality,.Learn more about this agency
As a Health Insurance Specialist (Program Contractor Management), GS-0107-13, you will you will provide expert and authoritative information and analysis, which examine, analyze, develop and interpret Medicare and/or Medicaid relating to program contractor management.
- Plan, identify and design contract requirements during the planning and awarding phase of acquisitions.
- Prepare all forms of written correspondence regarding Medicaid program issues to the public, Congressional staff, industry contacts, and State representatives.
- Research all program issues and develop the appropriate response that includes CMS regulations, or policy issuances.
- Act as an Agency representative and contribute to discussions and planning sessions on program policy developments.
- Evaluate proposed, modified, or new legislation and regulations to assess impact on national health delivery, quality, or payment programs, such as Medicare, Medicaid, the Children's Health Insurance Program, and Marketplace Exchange programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 5% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578567200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.