**Permanent Change of Station (PCS) and Recruitment/Relocation Incentive is authorized and may be offered to a highly qualified candidate.**Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will need to be within the commuting area of a VISN 1 facility in order to occupy this position. The facilities would include: Augusta, ME; Manchester, NH; White River Junction, VT; Leeds, MA; BOSTON Facilities: West Roxbury, MA, Jamaica Plains, MA or Brockton, MA; Bedford, MA; Providence, RI; or West Haven, CT.
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) is a critical member of the interdisciplinary VISN 1 New England Healthcare System leadership team. The incumbent is expected to possess the clinical, managerial, and leadership expertise needed to integrate programs within the eight medical centers/clinics and other sites of service in VISN 1 into a coordinated healthcare delivery system.
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) functions as a principal member of the VHA VISN 1 Network interdisciplinary staff providing the necessary clinical leadership to actualize the future direction of VISN 1 in the context of the VHA Strategic Plan.
The CMO is expected to be proficient in both the clinical aspects of the organization and delivery of health services, as well as the managerial components necessary to guide large cadres of health professionals in the Network's medical centers, clinics, and outpatient facilities.
In addition, the CMO is expected to have the requisite coordinating skills in interacting with academic affiliates, veterans service organizations, other VISNS, as well as all other stakeholders doing business with VISN 1.
Knowledge and experience in total quality management, planning, and evaluation of programs with particular reference to assessment of cost-effectiveness of programs and advocacy of sensitivity to the needs and aspirations of a diverse workforce are also expected of the CMO.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participating fully as a member of the Network top management team, providing advice and counsel in all aspects of defining and accomplishing the creation of an integrated healthcare delivery system;
- Establishing multiple ongoing mechanisms for open communication throughout all levels of the Network, whereby Chiefs of Staff, Service Line Managers and other key clinical and administrative Network employees are kept informed of organizational developments that affect them;
- Participating in both short and long-range planning of all patient care, education and research programs in the Network to enhance both effectiveness and efficiency of clinical, educational, and research programs;
- Managing the Network-wide integration of the clinical service lines;
- Conducting site visits to Network facilities on an ongoing basis to observe care delivery and monitor compliance with standards of practice; and,
Collaborating with the Chief Financial Officer of the Network in developing an annual budget and its implementation.
Work Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Friday; Tour of Duty: Negotiable
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Financial Disclosure Report: Required
* This position is a non-bargaining unit position.
* Selectee may be required to work at any VISN 1 VA Healthcare System campus, as needed.
* Salary is commensurate upon qualifications and experience. The selectee's education and length of practice (experience) will be considered by a Professional Standards Board and Compensation Panel in determining the grade and salary.
* Relocation Incentive are authorized for a highly qualified candidate.
* Recruitment Incentive are authorized for a highly qualified candidate.
* Permanent Change of Station (PCS) are authorized for a highly qualified candidate.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578533800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.