About the Position: Serving as a Geologist in any of the listed District offices of the South Pacific Division (SPD) supporting geologic projects.Learn more about this agency
This is a direct hire solicitation.
This is an open continuous announcement.
The first cut-off date is 09/25/2020.
Other certificates may be issued as needed.
Another certificate will be issued after the closing date of 12/31/2020.
Relocation or Recruitment incentives may be paid.
DIRECT HIRING AUTHORITY - SECTION 1109
- Making continuous geologic inspections during drilling operations performed by contract forces.
- Ensuring samples are obtained per the Sampling and Analysis Plan (SAP), the Field Sampling Plan (FSP) and Quality Assurance Project Plan (QAPP).
- Measuring and recording depth of water table and presence of contaminants (either by physical appearance, odor detection or special detection equipment).
- Assisting other geologists or performing surface reconnaissance, including the identification of various types of soil and rock, land forms, geological processes, etc., for use in the preparation of maps.
- Performing shallow geophysical explorations
25% or less - Business Travel is approximately 25% or less of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578432400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.