Applicants: Please include name and contact information for two professional references in your application when applying for jobs.Learn more about this agency
The FMWR mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army. Fort Leavenworth, where innovation and imagination sustain our Nation's War fighter.
This position is located at SKIES Unlimited
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy is worldwide (including military spouses and involuntary separated military members)
The duties of the position include the following:
Serves as an Instructor the Fort Leavenworth CYS SKIES Unlimited Gymnastics Program
- Teach Gymnastics lessons in accordance with USA Gymnastics rules and safety guidelines, for parent and Me, preschool and Level 1 through 2 gymnastics levels
- Provide instruction in Gymnastics using a variety of techniques and skills based on the age, skill level, and learning style of each child
- Develops individual and group lesson plans and tracks participant's accomplishments.
- Have professionally recognized and accepted curriculum, including scope and sequence of skills and indicating learning objectives for students.
- Implements changes and adjustments to instructional program as needed.
- Required to follow all approved child guidance and youth development techniques.
- Must stimulate and encourage participant interest and establish an environment that promotes positive child and youth interactions.
- Prepares and implements program options for children and youth with special requirements
- Maintains control of and accounts for whereabouts and safety of program participants.
- Observes program participants for signs that may indicate illness, abuse or neglect and reports as directed.
- Notifies supervisor on health, fire, and safety compliance concerns.
- Participates in conferences with parents, program staff, and school representatives.
- Plans and conducts special events for parents designed to promote the instructional program while encouraging parents to become involved.
- Demonstrate MWR Customer Service elements when working with parents, students, coworkers and supervisors
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578394700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.