This position is located in the Clerk's Office of the United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the District of Columbia. The Systems and Network Administrator provides day-to-day operational support for Microsoft, Cisco, and VMware based information technology infrastructure, including Windows servers and Active Directory.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent ensures effective and efficient server maintenance and operations workflow and practices to help improve availability and performance of systems and dependent environments. Duties also include collaborating with supervisors, managers, executives, and judges locally as well as at other court units. The incumbent reports directly to the Director of Information Technology and provides quality customer service and systems support services.
- Administer Windows Active Directory, Windows Group Policies, and Certificate Services.
- Administer Symantec NetBackup servers.
- Administer Disk Backup Storage and Backup Tape Libraries.
- Administer Dell Blade Servers and Enclosures.
- Administer Symantec Endpoint Protection servers.
- Administer Microsoft SQL servers.
- Manage Storage Area Network (SAN).
- Manage Dell Data Protection Enterprise server (including Self-Encrypting-Drive, Cylance, etc.).
- Manage the virtual environments (VMware products including vSphere, vCenter, Horizon View, and High Availability clusters).
- Manage the private PKI infrastructure.
- Manage the Single-Sign-On and Smart Card Sign-On services.
- Manage Distributed File System (DFS) and DFS Replication.
- Manage Drupal websites.
- Install, modify, enhance, test, and implement standard configurations for deployment of workstations, servers, and other network components and client software.
- Install, configure, and monitor Cisco devices (Switches, Firewalls, FirePOWER, DNA Center, ISE, Wireless LAN Controllers, and Wireless Access Points).
- Develop secure automated solutions for administrative and domain management tasks using scripting languages such as PowerShell, VBS, Python, etc.
- Develop automated alerts and reports using Splunk and PowerShell.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance local systems and applications, and implement adaptions to national systems.
- Monitor system and network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, and latency).
- Configure, deploy, and support Apple devices.
- Conduct and support authorized vulnerability scanning on systems, networks, databases, and applications.
- Participate in Business Continuation/Disaster Recovery infrastructure planning, building, and testing, including network performance, security, anti-virus, intrusion, web usage/monitoring, design, and acquisition of servers.
- Troubleshoot systems/network issues, identify/analyze root causes, and implement corrective actions.
- Perform preventive maintenance actions including system back-ups, error log reviews, database size and integrity checks.
- Create and document all actions, practices, procedures, and processes.
- Research and make recommendations in all areas of automation needs, objectives and capabilities, including anticipation of future requirements and problems.
- Interact with internal clients and vendors as part of engineering and administration activities, such as customer support, technical and operational integration, and system maintenance.
- Coordinate and manage diverse technical support tasks.
- Maintain high satisfaction (both internal and external) through successful and timely resolution of technical problems.
- Submit regular status updates and reports to a supervisor.
- Perform helpdesk related duties and provide on-call support.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects and installments as assigned.
28 - CL-28.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578285600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.