See below for important information regarding this job, including the Physical Effort and Working Conditions.Learn more about this agency
- Performs a full range of warehouse functions in either a major segment of a large warehouse or as the principal materials handler in a small warehouse
- Receives, stores, and assembles for issue, shipment, and distribution a variety of bin and bulk supplies, materials, equipment, and commodities
- Receives, unloads, and processes incoming shipments, checks accompanying documentation against container or packing labels, and follows established procedures in reporting over, short, or damaged items
- Assembles items for shipment in the loading area according to information provided on the shipping requests and checks the condition of shipping containers prior to loading; ensures shipments are properly loaded onto the correct conveyances
- Determines sequences for loading materials and organizes incoming shipments for maximum space utilization, safety considerations, and damage protection
- Lays out storage space, establishes item locations, and determines organization and arrangement of stock
- Counts types and quantities of items during inventories; recounts or searches other storage locations to assist in determining the basis for over, short, or misplaced items
- May pack and/or repack a variety of items utilizing a wide variety of standard packing materials, methods, and techniques
- Operates one or more types of material handling equipment (MHE), such as standard type forklifts with a lifting capacity of up to 15,000 pounds, warehouse tractors, stock selectors, or general-purpose vehicles
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578231500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.