About the Position: This position serves as a Business Analyst (Procurement) in Army Futures Command (AFC), Command Contracting Directorate located in Austin, TX. AFC exists to modernize the way the Army does business by creating a space of endless possibilities to explore, develop, and test new methods, organizations, and technologies. Visit us on www.armyfuturescommand.com and join the team leading the Army into the future!Learn more about this agency
- Advises the Army Futures Command (AFC) Headquarters and subordinates on acquisition and procurement policy, providing direction on development, implementation and management of acquisition business policies and procedures.
- Oversee, from a functional perspective, the requirements definition, design, development, and implementation of innovative methodologies that improve the acquisition business and procurement processes throughout the AFC enterprise.
- Research acquisition and procurement issues and collect and synthesize data to identify trends and systemic problems and develop recommended corrective procedures for incorporation into acquisition and procurement guidelines and regulations.
- Represent AFC (and its subordinate organizations) at meetings, briefings, working groups, IPTs, and management reviews with other Army, DOD, federal agencies, and private sector organizations involved in the procurement process.
- Develop methods and implement processes, leveraging technology and business applications, to maintain situational awareness of AFC-wide and Army modernization procurements and active contracts.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578165400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.