The incumbent will serve as Deputy Director of Broadcasting, DMA-Atlantic, responsible for advising the Director and staff regarding DMA Media Production Line of Business plans, policies, and region-wide broadcast operations. The incumbent will manage over 350 military, DoD civilians, and local national employees executing DMA Media Production Line of Business broadcast mission at 18 dispersed geographic locations throughout Europe.Learn more about this agency
As a SUPERVISORY BROADCAST OPERATIONS SPECIALIST you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Manage and oversee development and compliance of DMA Atlantic regional broadcast policy, radio and television programming, region-wide communications and programming, host nation frequencies and coordination of engineering and logistical matters
- Identify DMA Atlantic support requirements, such as, web presence, production workflows, contingency planning and support, training, development of short and long-range operational requirements and development of organizational, staffing and resource input for the budget programming cycle
- Prioritize and manage broadcasting resources to effectively communicate DoD, service unique, theater and local command information messages to U.S. military, DoD civilians and families stationed abroad
- Participate fully in development, implementation and evaluation of regional and locally produced broadcasting programs, projects and development and refinement of production and workflow processes
- Plan, prepare, develop, and implement regional policy and procedural guidance through direct coordination with DoD, Combatant and Service Component commands and host nation civilian broadcasting organizations
- Analyze regional and affiliated station levels of service and monthly product output to make recommendations on redistribution/reduction of personnel and fiscal resources to achieve desired strategic operational objectives
- Review staff produced literature/documentation and facilitate collaboration with DMA Atlantic Technical Services to ensure operational requirements are satisfied when planning and programming broadcast infrastructure upgrades, expansion or a reduction in operational capabilities
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578153200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.