This position is located at the Pine Ridge Service Unit, in Pine Ridge, SD. The position performs primary functions of a professional nurse supervisory in assessing, planning, implementing. Directing and evaluating the care of patients in the Ambulatory Care Unit, specifically the Women's Health Clinic, Podiatry, Orthopedics, LaCreek Clinic, Manderson Clinic, and other intermittent specialty clinics as assigned.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for ongoing quality/performance improvement process related to patient care. Participates and contributes to a unified QAPI program. Participates and contributes to hospital performance improvement activities.
- The incumbent plans work to be accomplished by subordinates and prepares schedules for completion of work; assigns work to subordinates based on priorities and capabilities of employees; evaluates work performance of subordinates; advise or counsel employees on work and administrative matters; interview candidates for positions, recommend appointments, promotions or reassignment to such positions; hear and resolve complaints from employees; effect minor disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands; identify training needs of employees; approve leave, etc.
- Participates in the planning, implementation, coordination and evaluation of nursing and personnel educational activities that directly and indirectly affect patient care outcomes.
- Plans and coordinated the work operations of the clinics with programmatic responsibility, such as policy and procedure development and reviews, quality improvement development implementation and evaluation, infection control and other related supervisory functions.
- Develop work performance plans which reflect specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely in order to evaluate the work performance of all subordinates. Evaluates nursing care by reviewing nursing assignments, patient classifications, patient chart audits, and patient satisfaction surveys.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578143900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.