Education Debt Reduction Program: This position is eligible for EDRP, a student loan reimbursement program. If selected for this position you must submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment services Office. (Award amounts are prorated for Part-time positions. Intermittent or per-diem positions are not EDRP-eligible)Learn more about this agency
The Staff Nurse is a registered nurse (RN) responsible for the continuous delivery of patient care in the Emergency Department. The RN is primarily accountable for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating direct and indirect nursing care, and identifying outcomes for patients. This position requires flexibility in schedule and assignments, as this is a 24/7 hospital. The incumbent must be poised and articulate in communicating with people of varied educational levels and varied ethnic backgrounds.
The ED Staff Nurse will be responsible for:
· Completing and documenting nursing assessments, seeking assistance to identify priority needs.
· Recognizing overt abnormal signs and symptoms and/or changes in the patients' condition and responding appropriately.
· Demonstrating the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patients' served and interpreting information to
identify each patient's individual needs.
· Developing the initial nursing plan of care and updating plan with assistance as needed.
· Addressing patient safety needs when communicating patient care needs to other nursing staff and disciplines.
· Safely and effectively using equipment required for patient care, including:
· Procedures for cleaning, transporting and storing reusable medical equipment (RME)
· Appropriately using safe patient handling equipment.
· Adhering to infection control practices while using equipment and providing patient care (proper hand washing techniques, use of PPE).
· Recognizing actual or potential changes in condition and response to treatment, initiating appropriate action and revising the plan of care
· Initiating and documenting basic health teaching and discharge planning based on patient's/family's identified needs.
· Documenting care given in the medical records in a consistent, accurate, concise and timely manner per hospital protocol.
· Revising plan of care according to evaluations.
Work Schedule: Varies. As vacancies occur the schedule, shift and appointment type may change, the current available positions will be discussed during the interview.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578128400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.