This position is located in the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Division of MCC's Department of Policy and Evaluation (DPE).Learn more about this agency
Although the position is advertised equivalent to GS-11/12, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band 4c/4b which is generally equal to GS-11/12.
As a Program Officer, you will be responsible for supporting the establishment of M&E plans in coordination with partner country counterparts, working on country teams to help ensure that program implementation and evaluation remains consistent with these plans, managing independent program evaluations with support, and effectively reporting and disseminating program results to internal and external audiences. Typical work assignments include:
- Assisting country teams and partner countries throughout the program life cycle on the development and updating of logical frameworks (theories of change) and program M&E Plans to document performance indicators, data sources, and evaluation plans.
- Reviewing quarterly performance data for timeliness and accuracy and supporting the analysis and use of this data to inform decision-making.
- Reviewing documents produced by MCC country teams and partner country entities to ensure alignment with the M&E Plan and adherence to the MCC M&E Policy.
- Assisting partner country in implementing the program M&E Plan, including quarterly aggregation, verification, reporting, and analysis of monitoring data; support and oversight of evaluation-related data collection; data quality reviews; review of evaluation deliverables; contract management; and supporting the management of the program M&E budget.
- Supporting reporting and dissemination of program results to internal and external stakeholders; Drafting or contributing to status reports and updates on country programs and issues.
- Developing the Terms of Reference for and manages independent evaluation contracts.
- Performing related duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/578040900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.