As an Engineering Technician, you will serve as a technical expert and consultant for matters concerning GSA's Vertical Transportation Program.
Location of position: Facilities Management Division, PBS, Boston, MA
This division oversees regional programs related to the management and operation of space under the jurisdiction, custody, or control of PBS, both federally owned and leased.
We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies maybe filled as needed.Learn more about this agency
As a Engineering Technician, you will perform the following duties:
- Interact with private industry partners over issues involving extensive costs, complexity and strategic importance.
- Provide oversight to federal government project managers and Contractor(s) for all Vertical Transportation (VT) program issues.
- Direct semiannual and annual VT performance inspections as required by the ANSI/ASME Code.
- Report findings and direct appropriate corrective measures.
- Communicate with customers regularly effectively and proactively to ensure the end product/service meets customer expectations.
- Provide technical expertise in regards to the latest editions of policies and procedures regarding inspection, operation, maintenance, replacement, repairs and modernization of VTE.
25% or less - Occasional Travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577977600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.