The CNHC Social Worker is a professional social worker assigned to Loma Linda VA Community Nursing Home (CNH) program. The incumbent's primary focus is to provide social work services and interventions to eligible Veterans with highly complex health and mental health problems.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but not limited to:
- Incumbent performs specialized treatment of complex physical or mental illness. Incumbent incorporates complex multiple causation in differential diagnosis and treatment of Veteran patients, including making psychosocial and psychiatric diagnoses within approved clinical privileges or scope of practice.
- Independently performs case finding functions and outreach, identifying and screening patients for psychosocial needs. Incumbent possesses the knowledge and ability to independently implement treatment modalities, provide counseling or psychotherapy for individuals, families and groups.
- Incumbent is able to independently perform case finding functions and outreach, identifying and screening patients for psychosocial needs.
- Incumbent must possess the knowledge and ability to independently implement treatment modalities, provide counseling or psychotherapy for individuals, families and groups.
- Incumbent is able to coordinate community-based services, including information and referral for additional services from other VA programs, other government programs and community agency programs. Maintains a current and productive network of referral resources.
- Establishes and maintains effective therapeutic relationships with Veterans and their families.
- Ability to use software for organize program activities and quality control concerns.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 700 A.M. - 3:30 P.M. (Tour of duty is based on organizational needs)
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577973000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.