This position is located on the Ecological Sciences Staff in a state, area or field office of the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).Learn more about this agency
The mission of NRCS is to provide leadership in a partnership effort to help people conserve, maintain and improve their natural resources and environment.
- Serves as a staff specialist on all cultural resources issues, including Native American issues and concerns that result from the implementation of NRCS programs and activities.
- Prepares and maintains all technical guides and information dealing with cultural resources.
- Keeps abreast of developments and research in Archeological methods and procedures.
- Carries out field investigations and produces professional quality cultural resources investigation and assessment reports.
- Identifies necessary cultural resources studies, develops specifications for scopes of work, determines cultural and scientific significance of identified resources in accordance with the guidelines and national Register of Historic Places criteria.
- Prepares technical cultural resource sections of contracts, environmental documents, agreement documents and other instruments of agency intent.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577921800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.