This is a Direct Hire Authority solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.Learn more about this agency
About the Position: This position is located with U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Memphis District. You will serve as a senior cost engineer of the Cost Engineering Section who calculates construction quantities and prepares construction estimates projects at the preauthorization, study or contract level.
- Prepare and review cost estimates for all stages of planning including projects planned and designed within the District, work performed by architect-engineer firms, and planning and design work performed by owners of facilities to be relocated.
- Calculate, review and check for reasonableness design quantities prepared by project designers.
- Provide cost estimates for or assists in the evaluation of value engineering proposals and suggestions which deal with construction costs or methods.
- Identify alternates and recommends changes in design to maximize economic benefits, constructability, bidability, and operability, and work with any funding restrictions.
- Make site inspections at project locations to determine job conditions, job access, availability of materials, utility impacts and adequacy of planning, and any other data having a bearing on the determination of a reasonable cost of work.
- Review construction records on completed projects to determine production rates and costs and records this data for. use in estimating
- Assignments at the GS-11 level will become progressively more difficult and will be under closer than normal supervision until the full performance level is reached.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577897900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.