The Loma Linda VA Healthcare System is currently recruiting for one (1) Assistant Chief Financial Officer for the Financial Management service. The primary purpose of this position is to assist the CFO in everyday management responsibilities in close relationship with the Facility Director, staff and operating officials from the various Services of the Medical Center.Learn more about this agency
The Incumbent is under the general supervision of the CFO or Chief, Financial Management Service. Incumbent performs under broad policies established by local management, Facility Director, Controller and the Administrator. He/she is guided by a thorough knowledge of Federal statutes, VA Regulations, Comptroller General Decisions, and regulations of the Treasury Department and the Bureau of the Budget. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the CFO by advising of current historical data i.e. comparative cost records, work studies, cost trends and similar data for formulating the annual budget program.
- Assist in assembling, preparing, justifying, auditing and the cost records in the various operating areas for budget control.
- Administer the integrated accounting system which requires considerable experience in professional accounting and extensive grasp of financial systems.
- Collaborate with CFO in developing pertinent financial data and/or recommending additional sources of changes in existing reports and controls i.e. station fund control program, other management programs.
- Monitor the fiscal control system to furnish the CFO with an interpretation of the circumstances to local management to aid in improvements to the station fund control system.
- Conduct an internal audit program to ensure that financial policies and procedures of the station are being followed and are effective to include auditing of cost control records maintained by other Services.
- Identify the scope and/or variety of teaching and research programs affect the complexity of the Fiscal operations.
- Communicate regular reports to Management on topics e.g. prior pay period corrections, timeliness of certifications, corrected time-cards and other payroll related topics.
- Provide general oversight and communicate regular reports to the CFO and Executive Management on topics e.g. outstanding expense reports, unpaid travel credit cards, violations to local travel policy and other items of interest.
- Analyze and/or provide suggestions to managers to improve payroll operations for the timely and accurate payment of all staff.
- Ensure that payroll services are conducted in compliance with statutory requirements and agency regulations.
- Analyze and/or provides suggestions to managers to improve travel operations for the efficient expenditure of limited travel funds.
- Provide the direct supervision of the managers for i.e. Accounting, Payroll, Budget, and Travel as required.
- Administer financial service daily tasks i.e. prioritize work, evaluate performance, counsel, interview, recommend appointments, resolve grievances, effecting disciplinary measures and identify training needs.
- Manage/provide selections based entirely on i.e. merit, fitness, and development opportunities for qualified employees.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm
Position Description/PD#: Financial Manager/PD020060
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577812100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.