This position is with the Desert Pacific Healthcare Network (VISN 22). The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Personnel Security Assistant in the PSU and perform security-related functions in support of a Network Personnel Suitability and Credentialing Program within a shared services unit.Learn more about this agency
The position assures that all appointees have the appropriate level of security/suitability clearance commensurate with their assignment. The incumbent serves as an Assistant to the Personnel Security Specialist. Work assigned is of a very confidential and highly sensitive nature. The selectee will perform the full range of the following duties:
- Reviews information submitted by the requesting office to validate level of background required, enters appointee information into a local data base tracking system and refers appointee for fingerprinting.
- Enters appropriate data in required databases related to an appointee's suitability from a wide variety of sources.
- Performs audits of official personnel folders to assure that information related to suitability is properly recorded and filed.
- Initiates, reviews and releases appointees background investigations in the Office of Personnel Managements Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP) system or in conjunction with the VA- Adjudication Center.
- Regularly monitors the status of specific pending items, compiles data to produce reports, follows up to determine status and records results.
- Takes and transmits electronic fingerprints for appointees or when the FBI returns fingerprints unclassifiable for various reasons.
- Assemble position descriptions and functional statements for the Personnel Security Specialist for review.
- Serves as the initial point of contact for new appointees including but not limited to paid or without compensation employees, volunteers, students, residents, and contractors.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 4:00pm
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Personnel Security Assistant/PD99952-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577807100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.