Subspecialty Medicine Physician - Cardiologist: This position falls under the Specialty Medicine Service Line at the VA Medical Center in Des Moines and performs duties as a cardiologist in the inpatient and outpatient settings, at the VA Medical center is Des Moines, or one of the affiliated CBOC's (Community Based Outpatient Clinics).Learn more about this agency
Duties of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide consultative services and follow up for inpatient and outpatient patients.
- Expertise in non-invasive cardiology; including echocardiography, TEE and nuclear skills and stress testing
- On Call duty will be assigned as needed, primarily for the coverage of inpatients.
- Participation in special projects pertinent to assigned sub-specialty, such as palliate care program, multidisciplinary cancer care program, and chronic disease management program.
- Inpatient discharge planning to include collaboration with the hospitalists and proper hand off at the end of shifts, as necessary.
- Inpatient progress notes and timely documentation necessary
- Quality of care should meet professional standards at all times.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Relocation/Recruitment Incentive are authorized for this position.
EDRP IS authorized. Student loan repayment up to $200K for eligible debt.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577798400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.