This position is located with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Children's Nutrition Research Center in Houston, Texas.Learn more about this agency
- Plans and conducts a broad multidisciplinary program focused on the physiological mechanisms and molecular regulation of phytonutrient and phytochemical metabolism in plants.
- Works to establish the relationship of these processes to the potential for enhancing the nutritional quality of plant foods and optimizing agricultural production system
- Applies knowledge in the development of methods to produce intrinsically labeled, nonradioactive tracer enriched foods, which are used in human/animal studies to define dietary needs.
- Collaborates with human nutritionists to study the absorption of nutrients and health-promoting phytochemicals from plant foods.
- Provides leadership and expertise in plant nutrition, to identify and develop nutritionally enhanced cultivars of important food crops.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577776900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.