This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Professional Work Category at the Full Performance Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure. It is located in the DISA/DGOC.
- Serve as a Cyber Security Watch Officer (CSWO) responsible for planning, monitoring and defending global and inter-theater portions of the Enterprise Infrastructure, classified, unclassified, and coalition network.
- Develop cybersecurity plans, procedures, and provide technical support in the implementation of cybersecurity safeguards.
- Conduct assessments of information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs.
- Conduct security evaluation audits, reviews, and system security contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures.
- Participate in network and system design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577682200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.