About the Position: Serving as the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Coordinator for the Los Angeles District. The work involves utilizing a wide variety of complex techniques for ongoing programs and many one-of-a-kind special projects that require use of current state-of-the-art GIS equipment and technology.Learn more about this agency
- Serving as Geographic Information System (GIS) Coordinator promoting mapping and technical services and establishing relationships throughout the District and region.
- Serving as a technical POC for Civil Works and military projects as well as support for other Divisions and projects with the development and implementation of District GIS and/or Geospatial Data implementation plans.
- Ensuring all mapping and GIS products adhere to all relevant standards and regulations. Ensures all geospatial data metadata files are completed and submitted to the National Spatial Data Clearinghouse according to guidelines.
- Developing and analyzing civil works and military related data for flood control projects, engineering design, flood insurance studies, and other projects.
- Attending professional meetings, seminars and training courses to maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of technical advances and applications in the areas of surveying, mapping and GIS.
- Traveling to project locations for the purpose of training, demonstrating capabilities of GIS technology, and interfacing with customers to determine the content and structure of their GIS database requirements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 10% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577544800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.