About the Position:Learn more about this agency
Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visithttp://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
****All deployment tours are limited to a maximum length of 2 years total****
These announcements are for deployment tours varying length with 6 months, 9 months or 1 year being the most often used.
- ?The Cost Engineer produces accurate cost estimates and schedules for the programming, budgeting and contract award of complex multi-contract projects.
- Prepares initial estimates for use in developing conceptual proposals, planning purposes, preliminary designs, additive alternatives, modification claims, negotiations, awards, terminations, 8(a) contracts, etc.
- *Estimates require extensive experience and knowledge of construction requirements to develop a reasonable and defensible cost estimate.
- ?Provides cost information assistance to Construction Branch in change order and negotiations with contractor, and may act as an expert in cost estimation for the Office of Counsel in claims court.
- ?Provides detailed and authoritative cost estimates in real estate condemnation proceeding involving structures, relocation of bridges, roads, utilities, and operations contract modification and maintenance contracts.
- ?Makes field trips for site investigations, studies and makes recommended changes in features of work, and time and study reports.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577474000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.