THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a HR SPEC (MILITARY), Position Description Number D1523000 and is part of the DE Delaware JFHQ Air National Guard, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
1. This position is located in the Readiness and Support (RS) Directorate of an Air National Guard Air Operations Group. Incumbent serves as the military personnel technician to provide technical and administrative oversight of the following programs: Officer Performance Report (OPR), Retention,Appointments, Officer and Enlisted Promotions, Base/Unit Awards and Decorations, Reenlistment, Personnel Utilization and Management, Quality Force, Customer Assistance and Base Supported Functions. Assists the Director of Readiness and Support and Commander in the overall management of all military personnel programs. Incumbent coordinates directly with State Headquarters and with other military personnel offices as appropriate.
2. Manages the day-to-day operations of the military personnel function.Prepares formal requests for filling vacancies and selects (or participates in the selection of) personnel from lists of eligible. Formulates and conducts training programs for assigned military personnel specialists and conducts informal training to broaden employee skills. Prepares formal requests and recommendations for promotions, reassignments, and disciplinary actions.Receives formal grievances, resolving those that can be resolved at own level.Keeps supervisors informed of all aspects of personnel programs, to include merit promotion, position classification, etc.
3. Maintains controls to ensure timely submission of OPRs. Reviews computer products, special orders, and other source documents to as certain when officer performance and training reports are required. Forwards computer produced OPR notices to rating and reviewing officials for action.Provides technical assistance to rating, additional rating, and endorsing officials for completion of reports. Maintains a suspense system to ensure timely receipt of OPRs from rating, additional rating, and endorsing officials.Reviews completed reports for accuracy and completion, inputs OPR data to Base Level Military Personnel System (BLMPS), and forward for inclusion in command and master personnel records. Maintains data that will identify late reporting trends.
4. Administers the officer promotions and airman promotion/demotion programs. Maintains a suspense of all Reserve Officer Personnel Management Act (ROPMA) promotions and promotions to first lieutenant.Coordinates with unit commanders for recommendations on unit vacancy promotions. Prepares and processes officer promotion for Reserve Officer Personnel Management Act (ROPMA) recommendations. Creates and coordinates promotion boards for unit vacancy. Forward conclusions to State Headquarters for coordination with the National Guard Bureau. Reviews enlisted promotion requests for accuracy. Provides technical assistance for promotions. Forwards eligible promotion packages to State Headquarters for Promotion Boards for Master Sergeant and above. Assigns order number and publishes promotion orders for Technical Sergeant and above at unit level.Forwards orders to State Headquarters for master personnel records.
5. Prepares and maintains official personnel folders as required. Processes all required personnel actions. Manages the Unit Manning Document (UMD) to assist Group Commander in Force Management. Monitors and provides technical advice to members out processing for Basic Military Training,Technical School, and Temporary Duty Tours. Prepares enlistment documents and such appointment documents as Emergency Data, Air Force Drug and Alcohol Abuse, Enlistment Contract, Conditional Release (if applicable), Life Insurance, Legal Residence, college transcripts, and other related documents. Conducts enlistments for new personnel and appointments for officers. Briefs new personnel on enlistment contract and obligations.
6. Monitors the participation and duty status of assigned guard members.Maintains a record of absences. Serves as independent verification source concerning unsatisfactory participation in education and assistance cases.Reviews all requests for discharges and transfers to Individual Ready Reserve(IRR) of all members who fail to participate satisfactorily.
7. Reviews and monitors all administrative discharges and resignations.Performs preliminary counseling as an integral part of the administrative discharge. Coordinates with State Headquarters as approving authority for all discharges and resignations.
8. Schedules personnel for separation and retirement processing. Coordinates through unit of assignment to advise members of processing and counseling appointments. Conducts Retirement Briefing for retiring personnel and processes applications for retirement as required. Monitors extensions and cancellations of extensions of enlistment and reenlistment processing.Processes and reviews waivers for reenlistment or separation.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577448500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.