The Pharmacy Lead Technician is responsible for assisting in coordinating comprehensive pharmaceutical care activities in the outpatient and inpatient care settings at the Loma Linda Veterans Affairs Medical Center (LLVAMC}.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for planning, organizing and reviewing work, administering personnel matters and dealing effectively with non-professional employee.
- Responsible for developing schedule, planning and rotating duties of non-professional staff. Projects overtime requirements based on work load and staffing.
- Assist with improving the performance standards that are realistic, challenging and support the organizational mission, vision, and goals. Help employees to meet performance standards and competencies. Identifies areas for improvement as needed.
- Assesses workload volume throughout the day, identifying backlogs and makes staffing adjustments as needed to meet organizational goals.
- Serves with considerable independence in all areas of pharmacy activity under the general supervision of the of the section Supervisor or designee who are available to discuss matters affecting policy or other services.
- Functions with technical independence in all assigned areas. Keeps management apprised of trends/problems affecting any aspects of pharmaceutical services provided. Recognizes need for changes in policy and procedures and makes viable recommendations.
- Monitors workflow patterns to keep drug distribution in accordance with the requirements of Bar Code Medication Administration (BCMA) for both unit dose and IV admixtures programs while ensuring accurate dispensing and record keeping.
- Assist in maintaining workflow patterns to keep prescription waiting time to less than 20 minutes while ensuring accurate dispensing and record keeping.
- Effectively evaluates Pharmacy activities to assist management to obtain short and long-range objectives/goals.
- Coordinates day-to-day maintenance and operation of pharmacy equipment and automation.
- Assists with the training, orientation and re-training of employees to Pharmacy Service policies and procedures.
- Assist Supervisor with reviewing each subordinate's competencies within applicable areas of assignment on an annual basis. Any deficiency is properly re-training is scheduled in a timely manner within supervisor approval.
Work Schedule: Variable shifts, Monday-Sunday
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577448200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.