Recruitment/Relocation Incentive available.Learn more about this agency
The clinical psychologist will treat Veterans within the Behavioral Health Interdisciplinary Program (BHIP) at the main Roseburg VA Health Care Center campus. This program will be able to independently diagnoses mental disorders, conducts psychological assessments and/or neuropsychological screenings, and provides evidenced based individual and group psychotherapy for the Veterans of the Roseburg VAMC.
The psychologist functions in accordance with the policies, principals, professional ethics and techniques of accepted Psychology practice to include the American Psychological Association, professional licensing code, and State laws. Additional guides are available in the form of Veterans Administration directives; program guides, bulletins and circulars; Center Memoranda; Medical Staff By-Laws; applicable Labor-Management Bargaining Agreements; and external accreditation agencies utilized by the VA Medical Center (TJC, CARF, etc.). Incumbent is expected to independently practice and work as part of a multidisciplinary team model.
The incumbent reports to the manager of the BHIP team for program oversight and supervision leading to licensure and to the Chief Psychologist for administrative oversight.
The psychologist functions as part of a multidisciplinary treatment team, providing the full scope of psychological care to Veterans, including the following:
- Provides a full range of psycho-diagnostic services including assessment and uses the most appropriate psychotherapeutic techniques in providing quality care.
- Performs evaluations for wide array of patients representing diverse diagnostic entities.
- Provides a full range of therapeutic interventions.
- Consults with medical center staff on a wide variety of patient care issues.
- Staff psychologists may be involved in program evaluation and/or research activities.
1. Participates fully in peer review, assessing the quality of professional psychology standards provided in the organization.
2. Responsible for identification of patient problems requiring consultation with other multi-disciplinary medical center staff and making appropriate referrals.
3. Assures that appropriate referrals to specialty programs, including community resources, are accomplished. This may include ordering the following consults: Mental Health Service Programs, (i.e., Substance Abuse, PTSD, Mental Health Intensive Case Management, Compensated Work Therapy, Homeless, and Day Treatment) Vocational Rehabilitation, and Long-Term Care.
4. Fully accountable for practice, including entering patient visits, appropriate clinical documentation, measuring outcomes to interventions, and meeting productivity standards.
1. May hold faculty appointment at affiliated university.
2. Provides leadership guidance and consultation to staffs of units to which assigned.
3. May be involved in the training of medical students, medical and psychiatric residents, fellows and other graduate or post-graduate trainees, as appropriate.
4. Serves as a consultant to other medical center staff and trainees and assist in their formulation of the psychological characteristics and appropriate treatment expectations regarding their patients.
5. Oversees the establishment of program monitors and outcome measurements within programs assigned using a data-driven quality assurance processes.
6. Responsible for the timely completion of all clinical charting and documentation required by the medical center and service line.
7. If applicable, plans and oversees the completion of personal research programs, designed to provide information regarding program planning and relevant treatment approaches.
8. As appropriate, presents outcome data and research results at VA and regional or national scientific or professional meetings.
9. May assist in preparation of requests for proposal (RFP) and grant proposals, as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577420700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.