The Writer-Editor is located at Loma Linda VA Healthcare System in the Public Affairs Service. The incumbent is responsible for planning, design, development, testing, implementation, and management of Internet/Intranet activities, and other electronic information mediums for VALLHS. The incumbent will provide services that permit the publication and transmission of information about agency programs to internal and external audiences using the Internet and Intranet.Learn more about this agency
- Planning, design, development, testing, implementation, and management of Internet/Intranet activities, and other electronic information mediums.
- Writing, edification, and presentation of written material in the electronic environment
- Provide services that permit the publication and transmission of information about agency programs to internal and external audiences using the Internet and Intranet.
- Maintaining content development and maintenance of the VALLHS website and social media sites which makes public current activities and other public information from the VALLHS as well as provides access to important materials about the healthcare system and VA.
- Publishing articles and reports on the Internet and in print.
- Prepare feature articles highlighting research activities or items of interest applicable to all major program areas.
- Editorial management of content, quality, and style; and communications technologies; and end-user instruction, education and support.
- Gathering and assimilation of the news items working directly with Medical Center personnel and other personnel within the VA and community partners.
- Consultants clinical and administrative staff in order to coordinate their activities as they relate to the electronic dissemination of information.
- Provides training to internal and external customers as required.
- Coordinates Public Affairs outreach events, while maintaining a calendar of events for Health Care System.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm PST
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Writer-Editor/PD13015-O
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577283600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.