The VA Loma Linda Health Care System is currently recruiting one Administrative Officer in Mental Health Service for the Healthcare for Homeless Veterans (HCHV) program which is located in the Social Work section if Mental Health Service.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, organize, evaluate, coordinate, and implement the complex administrative activities.
- Conduct projects and review overall functions of the homeless program i.e. policy development and implementation, work methods, position management processes, records management and control, patient services, streamlining service goals and objectives, personnel management.
- Analyze current and projected programs to help management to evaluate their actual or potential effectiveness in achieving intended objectives.
- Coordinates patient care activities for all HCHV clinics.
- Provide technical administrative guidance and direction, administrative/clerical support staff, as assigned, and collaborate with their HCHV section supervisors, assign related administrative or clerical tasks.
- Provide liaison with officials, with the Medical Center Leadership, the VISN, VA Central Office, and other medical centers.
- Write/assist, review, or amend technical and administrative policies and procedures, including updating and developing brochures, HCHV Standard Operating Procedures, HCHV Operational Plan, Handbooks, and Flyers.
- Coordinate the Quality Management (QM) program for HCHV/HUD-VASH by data collection and management, monitoring, tracking, analyzing and interpreting data for the purpose of detecting incidents or matters of care which affect patient care and program outcomes.
- Responsible for planning, fact finding, analyzing and making technical and administrative recommendations, commitments, and decisions on management problems which have policy-making implications based on statistical analysis and management efficiencies for the service.
- Interprets a variety of VA regulations, including facility, VISN, VHA and VA Central Office (VACO) policy statements, manuals, directives, and legislation that affect homeless program operations.
- Serves as the HCHV technical expert regarding personnel administration issues and as coordinator for any human resource management activities within the section.
- Develop and/or maintain proficiencies and supports administrative activities with various computer applications including spreadsheets, databases, word processing, graphics generation, and desktop publishing programs.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Position Description/PD#: Administrative Officer/PD117830
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577280800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.