This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19.Learn more about this agency
THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled and/or the closing date, whichever event occurs first. Lists of eligible applicants will be referred to the selecting official periodically and referrals will continue until all vacancies are filled.
Applicants must be able to start immediately.
- Technically proficient in initiating, performing and completing assigned duties in providing care to variable patient populations.
- Knowledge and ability to appropriately carry out assigned patient care based on the patients' conditions; to use judgment in selecting the appropriate order and sequence of procedures and treatments; and to accurately recognize, report and record relevant patient information. Completed work should need only a general review by a registered nurse or physician for appropriateness and conformity with established policies/procedures.
- Prepares and administers prescribed medications (oral, topical, subcutaneous, intramuscular and/or intravenous) and performs treatments according to established policies/procedures. Observes for physical and/or emotional changes in patient's condition from prescribed medications/treatments, promptly and accurately documenting noted changes, and reporting any deviations from normal to RN or MD.
- Ability to observe, identify and respond to the patient's needs for care, including medication, equipment-assisted care and patient/family education. In organizing and delivering care, the LPN recognizes and considers emotional, cultural, spiritual, socio-economic, and age-related factors.
- Knowledge and ability to recognize urgent or emergent patient care situations, seek assistance of the RN and/or MD, and initiate appropriate emergency interventions as directed.
- Establishes constructive relationships with individual patients and their families to elicit feelings and attitudes, and to promote positive relationships, communication and socialization skills. Fosters an environment of respect for individual patient and family rights to privacy and dignity in all aspects of care delivery. Effectively incorporates knowledge and understanding of established customer service standards in all interactions with patient, family members, and/or other specialized equipment, and monitoring the patient's condition before, during, and following the procedure. Serves as a preceptor in orienting, educating, and training less experienced LPNs or NAs related to support duties for these more complex, specialized tests/procedures.
- Knowledge and skill in performing support duties for complex diagnostic tests and/or specialized practices or procedures, which include preparing the patient, assisting in the diagnostic examination, preparing and handling specialized instruments or other specialized equipment, and monitoring the patient's condition before and following the procedure. Serves as a preceptor in orienting, education, and training less experienced LPNs or NAs related to support duties for these more complex, specialized tests/procedures.
- Actively seeks out educational opportunities to enhance nursing knowledge and skills, sharing new knowledge gained with other staff to improve and advance nursing practice.
- Embodies the I CARE ore values of this organization. Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect, and Excellence create a culture of caring and civility that supports our goals.
- Ensures that confidential information is at all times safeguarded and protects information from being disclosed to unauthorize sources. Consults the supervisor when in doubt before releasing confidential information to a third party.
- Knows, understands, and consistently complies with VA information security policies, procedures, rules and regulations such as: Reporting known or suspected incidents immediately to the ISO. Using VA computers only for lawful and authorized purposes. Not installing unauthorized software on the computer. Handling, storing, and disposing of sensitive information safely. Not e-mailing sensitive information. Complying with safeguards, policies, and procedures to prevent unauthorized access to VA computer systems. Complying with terms of software licenses and only using VA-Licensed and authorized software.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577273800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.