This is an opportunity with the Data Systems division of the Chandra X-ray Center, which is part of the High Energy Astrophysics Division of the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory in Cambridge MA. One of NASA’s Great Observatories, the Chandra X-ray telescope has been observing for over 20 years and continues to have a positive impact on the scientific understanding of the universe. We seek a Configuration Management Specialist to contribute to the continued success of the mission.
Learn more about this agency
Join the Chandra X-ray Center and become part of the team working to support and enhance the development infrastructure of the Data System software development group. The individual will work with the existing configuration management team to modernize system infrastructure and procedures, maintain software development utilities, configure and deploy releases, and support the software system through all phases of the software development cycle.
Specific Duties include:
- Performing Configuration Management duties in support of software releases
- Working with the CM lead to improve/modernize the data system group's build, test, and deployment infrastructure
- Monitoring and supporting automated build and test infrastructure
- Managing the configuration and licenses of various software development tools
- Developing and maintaining CM scripts, operational procedures, and internal documentation
- Supporting the software development group with portability, configuration, and compilation issues
- Working as part of a team
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577214800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.