Education Debt Reduction Program: This position is eligible for EDRP, a student loan reimbursement program. If selected for this position you must submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment services Office. (Award amounts are prorated for Part-time positions. Intermittent or per-diem positions are not EDRP-eligible)Learn more about this agency
These vacancies are for the Registered Nurse (RN) position in our CLC (Community Living Center). Our staff nurse is a registered nurse responsible for continuous delivery of patient care. This position potentially requires flexibility in schedule and assignments, as this is a 24/7 hospital. The successful candidate must be poised and articulate in communicating with people of varied educational levels and varied ethnic backgrounds. Able to work cooperatively as a member of a team in all assignments. Makes caring for the Veteran his/her priority while in the work setting and demonstrates customer service principles in all aspects of work and is self-motivated in the pursuit of meeting professional work standards.
The responsibilities of the RN include but are not limited to :
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the residents served and interprets information to identify each resident's individual needs.
- Follows resident's personal requests and needs based on resident's MDS (minimum data set) care plan.
- Makes assignments and directs activities of supportive personnel (i.e. NAs, LPN, MSA or other team members.)
- Documents care given in the medical records in a consistent, accurate, concise and timely manner.
- Implements and delegates nursing interventions/orders and physician's orders in a timely and complete manner, requesting assistance when needed.
- Functions within established guidelines and demonstrates the ability to work effectively and develop therapeutic relationships with patients, their families and other professional and supportive personnel who provide patient care in collaboration with the NM,
- Creates a positive work environment which enhances care delivery and professional development of clinically competent staff.
- Promotes, creates, demonstrates, and ensures a culturally diverse workforce in which the values and needs of all individuals are respected.
Work Schedule: Full time, Part time, Days and Evenings (To be discussed during interview) There are multiple part time and full time positions available.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577136500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.