The Construction Analyst position is outbased in Madison, WI for the Regional Loan Center at the St. Paul Regional Office, St. Paul, MN.Learn more about this agency
- Review plans, specification, and cost estimates associated with construction projects.
- Responsible for the oversight and resolution of appeals, reconsideration requests, construction complaints and Veteran complaints submitted to the Regional Loan Center.
- Counsels program participants and Veterans of construction projects.
- Control and manages project milestones of construction project completion.
- Develop and administer training on program requirements for VA staff and external stakeholders.
- Produce well written correspondence which may include technical material that is appropriate to the intended audience.
- Reviews plans, specifications and project sites to determine compliance with industry standards and VA requirements.
- Interpret and apply regulations, laws and procedures specific to issues related to the VA guaranty home loan program, VR and E and the Native American Direct loan program.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Veterans, contractors, local agencies, Congressional interests and agency leadership related to various construction projects and program requirements.
- Maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Explain and defend a decision to individuals who may be upset or unreceptive.
- Conduct on-site inspection of the properties to determine the severity and resolution of the issue or to verify compliance of VA requirements.
- Calculates basic math and compiles data.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577071200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.