THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates applications are due for these locations can be found on theForest Service website.Learn more about this agency
See ADDITIONAL INFORMATION section for details.
- Duties listed are at full performance level GS-07
- Serves as a highly trained and skilled fire suppression team leader on an Interagency Hotshot crew of firefighters in wildland fire suppression situations
- Uses a variety of specialized tools, equipment (e.g terra, propane and drop torch, and all-terrain vehicles and engines), and techniques on prescribed fire implementation projects and/or to actively suppress fires
- Prepares the crew to perform a wide variety of interrelated tasks, applying specific rules, regulations, and procedures
- Under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent, assigns work to subordinates based on priorities, difficulty of assignments, and the capability of employees
- Articulates and communicates to the team the assignment, project, problems to be solved, actionable events, and deadlines and timeframes for completion
- Presents formal/informal training in such areas as initial refresher courses, fire weather/behavior, powersaw use, line construction, safety and first aid, air operations, water handling, pumps and hose lays, hand tool use, and other related courses
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel overnights on fire suppression or fire related assignments for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577040700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.