The employee is at the advanced performance level for a Medical Support Assistant (MSA), performing a full range of duties in the Health Administration Service (HAS) at VA WNY Healthcare System, Blue Team, Dialysis.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage written and faxed correspondence, and paper medical records within teamlet/team and coordinate release of information in accordance with policy.
- Processing all specialty clinic setup, cancellation, or change requests via the VistA Scheduling Package.
- Serves as the back up to the Management Systems Application Coordinator on all issues pertaining to the package.
- Serves as the resource person for HAS on matters of clinic set up and scheduling practices, and software parameters affecting them.
- Provides appointment management training to clerical personnel throughout HAS.
- Verify and update demographics.
- Responsible for timekeeping for HAS staff members.
- Manage Group workload information, ensuring data captured according to Medical Center and HIMS established methodology using encounter system.
- Assist HAS staff in development, preparation and use of reports associated with group practice performance, workload and business practices to optimize overall clinic practice.
- Coordinate information and actions related to patient care and ancillary services, manage scheduling package, and schedule appointments with Providers as recommended by Providers, PC clinical team members and integrated interdisciplinary team members in accordance with VHA national scheduling guidelines, TMS training, Primary Care instruction and business rules.
- Sets up the clinics in the recall reminder system; makes all necessary changes to the existing clinics in the recall system and monitors the recall reminder list to ensure the recall reminder letters are disseminated.
- Manages the postcard reminder correspondence for HAS.
- Perform telephone and face to face receptionist duties interacting with both internal and external customers and documents interactions in electronic medical record appropriately or VISTA/Microsoft Outlook using established processes.
- Screen patients to obtain appropriate medical information, providing timely assistance within scope of practice and referring clinical concerns to appropriate team member.
- Perform basic eligibility, co-pays and preauthorization requirements for specific coverage (i.e., TRICARE, sharing agreements, etc.).
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, day shift, with possible rotating Saturdays for the dialysis clinic.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576989700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.