The employee is at the advanced performance level for a Medical Support Assistant (MSA), performing a full range of duties in Health Administration Service at VA WNY Healthcare System. The need for this position is critical to effectively support patient care during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage written and faxed correspondence, and paper medical records within teamlet/team and coordinate release of information in accordance with policy.
- Verify and update demographics.
- Manage health insurance information, verifying third party insurance and updating information in the Insurance Capture Buffer (ICB) system.
- Manage workload information, ensuring data captured according to Medical Center and HIMS established methodology using encounter system.
- Assist staff in development, preparation and use of reports associated with group practice performance, workload and business practices to optimize overall clinic practice.
- Coordinate information and actions related to patient care and ancillary services, manage scheduling package, and schedule appointments with Providers as recommended by Providers, clinical team members and integrated interdisciplinary team members in accordance with VHA national scheduling guidelines, TMS training, Primary Care instruction and business rules.
- Manage Recall Reminder system for assigned teamlet and PC team.
- Manage assignment and inactivation of patients in PCMM.
- Perform telephone and face to face receptionist duties interacting with both internal and external customers and documents interactions in electronic medical record appropriately or VISTA/Microsoft Outlook using established processes.
- Screen patients to obtain appropriate medical information, providing timely assistance within scope of practice and referring clinical concerns to appropriate team member.
- Process emergency and non-emergency transfers to other VA facilities or private hospitals.
- Perform basic eligibility, co-pays and preauthorization requirements for specific coverage (i.e., TRICARE, sharing agreements, etc.).
- Recruit and assist with and/or enroll patients in My HealthEVet and Secure Messaging.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, day shifts.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576988800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.