About the Position: Arlington National Cemetery is located in Arlington, VA. Since May of 1864, Arlington National Cemetery has served as the nation's premier military cemetery and shrine honoring those men and women who served in the Armed Forces.Learn more about this agency
- Prepare grave sites for interment services by placing planks, greens, chairs, tarpaulins, tents, and lowering devices, and removing equipment following the interment services.
- Operate dump trucks, stake and platform trucks, pickup trucks, and tractors and tractor attachments to transport work equipment and materials around the cemetery.
- Back fill grave sites using shovel and hand tamper, levels grave sites and replaces floral items on graves, and removes excess soil from graves by loading in truck or trailer.
- Place grave markers to specified height and alignment in accordance with section layout plan.
- Set up for special ceremonies in such areas as the amphitheater and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of trucks, assuring that it is not overloaded and that the load is properly and safely distributed.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576962400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.