Learn more about this agency
To view pay rates in a specific location or for a specific grade, please visit the Office of Personnel Management pay tables at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/.
Applications will be accepted for the open period as stated above. A 1st cut-off date on 08/31/2020 may be used. After this date applicants will be referred as vacancies exist. Multiple cut-off dates may be used. To ensure consideration for future vacancies, submit your application early.
- The major duties described below reflect the full performance level of this position:
- Provides professional accounting advice and assistance in the application and compliance of generally accepted accounting principles, policies, and procedures
- Reviews, analyzes and modifies operating programs, practices, and procedures related to receiving, controlling, validating, recording, and reporting accounting transactions affecting asset, liability, revenue, expense, and budgetary accounts
- Assists in establishing and monitoring internal controls to identify problem areas, determine actions required to improve operating program effectiveness, and ensure and maintain the integrity of financial and accounting information
- Applies knowledge and understanding of automated data processing systems as they apply to accounting systems and "feeder" systems and the ability to deal effectively and logically in solving program/system issues
- Performs special audits, studies, reports and/or, analysis to evaluate the status of the financial health and/or position of accounting operations based on balanced scorecard measurements or indicators
- Duties will be developmental in nature while performing below the full performance level (GS-11)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576952600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.